Location and directions
Porto Antico Area and Fiera di Genova are both areas of the historic center of Genoa that can be easily reached by public and private transport.
On this page you will find all the information on how to reach the two locations based on the different means used.
For those coming from the A12 we recommend the Genova Ovest or Genova Est exits: for those coming out at Genova Est, it is advisable to continue following the urban road signs for the Porto Antico area or for the Fiera di Genova.
For those who go out to Genova Ovest, take the Sopraelevata and follow the directions below.
For those arriving in Genoa with the A7 (Milan), we recommend the Genova Ovest exit and entry onto the Sopraelevata.
Sopraelevata. Once on the Sopraelevata, take different exits depending on the destination.
Porto Antico Area: exit at the first junction, continue past the pedestrian entrance to the Porto Antico area and then enter the avenue leading to the Porto Antico area located next to the barracks of the Guardia di Finanza. Directions for the area’s parking spaces.
Fiera di Genova:
Fiera di Genova: continue on the Sopraelevata to the end (Foce area). The exhibition center is on the right at the bottom of the exit ramp.
For the Porto Antico area it is recommended to get off at the Genoa Piazza Principe railway station. From there Porto Antico Area can be reached:
- On foot in 10/15 minutes
- By bus no. 35 directions Via Vannucci, get off at Gramsci 2 / subway Darsena
- or bus n. 1, starting from the Marittima / Principe Fs, to Piazza Caricamento
- By underground directions Brignole, stop San Giorgio.
If you prefer the Genova Brignole train station, the Porto Antico Area can be reached:
- By bus no. 13, direction Turati / Metrò San Giorgio stop Piazza Caricamento
- By underground direction Brin, stop San Giorgio.
To reach Fiera di Genova we recommend the Genova Brignole station. From there it is possible to reach the exhibition center:
- On foot in about 20 minutes
- By bus no. 31 direction Via V Maggio (Osp. Gaslini). Descent to Marconi 1 / Fiera
The Genova-Principe station is 4 km from the Fiera di Genova. From Principe Station, Line 20 is recommended (from the stop in Via Adua to the terminus in Via Rimassa).
From the Cristoforo Colombo airport both spaces can be reached:
- by taxi
- By bus with the Volabus (Piazza De Ferrari stop for the Porto Antico Area and Genova Brignole station for the Fiera di Genova). The ticket costs € 6.00 and can be purchased on board.
Service by sea (about 35 minutes) via AMT Navebus that connects Pegli (Molo Archetti – paid parking) with the Porto Antico area. The ticket costs € 3.00 and can be purchased on board.
A boat transport service connects the Porto Antico area and the exhibition center during the most important events. The boats leave from the Aquarium and from the Marina Fiera.
By public transport
For those wishing to go from the Porto Antico Area to the Fiera di Genova and vice versa, we recommend the 13 line departing from Piazza Turati (next to the San Giorgio Metro station) and getting off at the Saffi 5 / Pescatori stop.